Duck Ragout with Porcini Mushrooms
Traditional recipe from the lovely region
Heat the oil and butter in a high pan, sauté the
duck in 3-4 layers one at a time. Then, keep it
warm and season with salt and pepper.
Roast the onions in the frying pan for about 3
minutes until golden. After which, add the garlic
and roast briefly. Deglaze with red wine and
balsamico and reduce to half. Add the poultry
stock or broth and thyme.
Prepare the pickled and drained porcini
mushrooms and its soaking fluid.
Simmer on a low flame for about 30 minutes,
gradually adding half of the porcini mushroom
Now add the duck and simmer for about 25-30
minutes until the duck meat is pleasantly tender.
Tie the sauce with creme fraiche and a touch of
cream and simmer for a few more minutes.
Then, season to taste. Garnish with sprigs of
thyme, with a creamy pumpkin risotto and a fullbodied
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 2 duck breast fillets, skinned and cut into fingerthick
- 30 g of dried porcini mushrooms, washed and
- placed in approx. 200 ml of cold water for at
- least 3 hours
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200 ml of dry red wine
- 400 ml of poultry stock or broth
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh or alternatively 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of cream fraiche
- 50 ml of cream
- Pepper salt
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tsp butter